Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The most poignant color.

Are you going to wear the white dress?

You know that they know that you know it's a lie.

So why would you wear it?

Your mother picked you out a nice gray dress. Well, technically it's ash, but let's not split hairs.

It's not like you're admitting anything. Everyone already knows.

Your grandmother isn't around anymore. Her heart won't be broken.

It's not going to match the bridesmaids dresses.

You have to wear the gray one.

You have to.

Just be honest.

I'll love you the same in your ash-coloured dress.

I knew what I was getting myself into.

2 comments:

  1. I like this whole narrative, it's very pointed but at the same time there's some underlying "80w*ehfoi" (I coudn't think of a word to describe it properly) and my favourite part is: "Let's not split hairs" (I've never heard that before)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that was.. strange, but I really liked it. It was a lot different and some of the expressions used are great. I like "You know that they know that you know it's a lie." and "Let's not split hairs".

    ReplyDelete