Monday, February 9, 2009

Spoken by two

"I've been thinking about you a lot."
"About what?"
"...I don't know. Just everything, I guess."
"That sounds a little cheesy."
"I know, but I don't know how else to explain it. You...fascinate me."
"What do you want me to say?"
"What do you want to say?"
"I want to say a lot of things.
"Like what?"
"Like...how much I enjoy getting to know you."
"But you already know me."
"No, not like that. Getting to know your vices. You can't truly care about someone unless you're willing to love their little...eccentricities."
"I'm eccentric? Gee, thanks."
"Yes, but you make it sound so bad."
"Well, of course. What other connotation could it have?"
"I wouldn't like you if you weren't your own person."
"You always used to say things like that. I miss it."

No comments:

Post a Comment