Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Architects - Part 1

Some things you really don't want to know. Probably happened right after Academy, or sometime around then. No wait, was it before? I can't remember. I forget stuff all the time. Is it that important anyways?

I've been given a layout of the rest of my life. It's an ugly blueprint, but no uglier than yours, I'd suppose, not that you'd ever know. At least I get to see mine. Sometimes I try to draw on it, but Jack slaps my hand. He knows I'm not a friggen kid, but he still treats me like one. Can't really blame the guy though. I mean, I stole his pencils a couple times. He was ├╝ber pissed.

"They're not toys, you idiot! You're not ready. I'm incredibly annoying, blah blah blah", he said.

I mean, geez, he knows how to change all the blueprints back anyways. He remembers all that stuff. Says I'll do it someday too. Not sure if I want that part of the job though. You don't miss things you can't remember.

Besides, I don't even know if I want to be a Scheduler. The ones I met are all boring. The lives they drew were so linear, so symmetrical. Where was the art? They were just following the formulas. Life isn't math. It's not an equation. Not that it matters. I've already seen my blueprint. The layout was so undeviating, I wanted to vomit. I'm going to meet the idiot who drew mine up and beat the crap out of him (Hey, don't tell Jack, but I think I'm going to try and change it. The Academy would be pissed if they found out, but...we'll talk about it when we meet up.)

Anyways, I consider myself a musician of life. An architect of ingenuity, you know? I can't ignore a possibility. I don't know. It's like, they're so concerned with the rules, that they forget about the beauty.

They're friggen line tracers. Only see the positive space, and they completely ignore what really makes the picture beautiful. All the negative space is thrown away. Bunch of pansies are too scared to venture into creativity.

Ah crap, Jack's coming. I gotta seal this before he can read it. Don't forget to write back.

Talk to you soon Pandora.

-Hephaestus

p.s.

Sorry for complaining so much.

7 comments:

  1. I really like it.
    It reminds me of this little novel I read in school in grade 6 called the giver.
    I think that's because of all the order that seems to be around the main character when he himself is not wanting to be so orderly. (that's the best way I can think to describe it)
    That's just my opinion, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the best thing since oxygen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will this be based on greek mythology?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @The Late Liz

    Only in the respective names of the gods and goddesses and their distinct characteristics and positions, which are relative to the characters who belong to the aforementioned names.

    I won't be using stories from mythology, but more allusions to it through the names.

    All of the stories will be original - at least, as far as originality goes, which is basically non-exist today...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminded me of The Catcher In The Rye?
    I might be the only one.
    But that's a compliment, I swear!
    :D

    ReplyDelete