Monday, May 18, 2009

Internet monologuing

Have you ever IMed someone, and they didn't answer right away, so you began to ramble?

Really? Me too. We have so much in common.

[12:26:09 AM] Jake Sidwell says: You up?
[12:26:29 AM] Jake Sidwell says: I are have a question.
[12:27:11 AM] Jake Sidwell says: Well, more of a declarative statement with an implied question.
[12:27:16 AM] Jake Sidwell says: But a question nonetheless.
[12:28:22 AM] Jake Sidwell says: Is it just me, or does "Nonetheless" seem like grammatical cheating? I mean, with that logic I could just make entire sentences one word. And forget about periods. What's the point when everything runs together anyways?
[12:28:25 AM] Jake Sidwell says: I digress.
[12:28:28 AM] Jake Sidwell says: I'm off tomorrow.
[12:28:35 AM] Jake Sidwell says: The question has been implied.
[12:28:40 AM] Jake Sidwell says: Answer at your leisure.

4 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I've done something like this to you on AIM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the conversations I have on skype are one sided.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha i do this on skype and msn. constantly. usually cause i'm the only one awake at 5am

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine more commonly becomes a violence-infused debate with myself. Then resolve that includes reflecting what I 'tard I am.

    The later, follow up is always embarrassing.
    But the person not mentioning it is even more painful.

    ReplyDelete