Sunday, May 31, 2009

Thieves

I smell you everywhere - at work, at home, at church, the bank, the store. Why did you pick such a common perfume? You know how good my memory is. It tortures me.

You're still here after you've gone, clinging to everything you touched. I hate it. It reminds me of you, and makes me delusional. You'd go insane realizing the volume of monuments I've raised in your honor. You'd fall flat seeing the magnitude of grandiose imagination stolen away to commemorate the times that never happened.

Quit taking up my thoughts. Get out of my head. To be honest, you don't deserve to be there.

To be honest, I deserve better.

To be honest...



You can fly to the ends of the earth, and you're still here, taunting me with your smell. Curse the innovative mind who created such a painful fragrance.

6 comments:

  1. More than any other sense, our sense of smell triggers most memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is one person that I have felt, if the chance were ever given, I would without a doubt erase completely from my memory...eternal sunshine of the spotless mind style. Memories are such a blessing as well as a curse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing. That's exactly how I feel. It makes me feel a little less insane. Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure do have a way with words :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. This, especially:

    "You'd fall flat seeing the magnitude of grandiose imagination stolen away to commemorate the times that never happened."

    touched my heart. It reminds me of myself in many ways, and it makes me so sad - though at the same time, it proves love to be a most bizarre and wonderful thing.

    I do hope you know what I mean - it's not quite so easy to discuss subtle matters in a second language.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post speaks to me. love it.

    ReplyDelete