Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Just checking.

Doing the last check of the night, I go through my several different internet-social mediums: Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Blogspot, Dailybooth, Youtube. Always in this order, though depending on my current position, one or two of these may be exempt due to deletion and/or neglect.

This is the routine. I wonder how I ever managed without these. Then, I wonder why I believe it's essential to my functionality.

When will I realize the destructive nature of monotony?

There are few things more excrutiating than nothing.


However, something new has caught my attention - attractive, even at the apex of it all. She isn't a single one though, and that is most upsetting. Is it an instinct of survival? Has my mind created the desires and illusions out of pure inactivity?

I check it all again, before bed - the pointless social outlets, only serving to highlight my own inadequacies...

...until tomorrow, where something, someone, can distract me again between the stages of lacking.

5 comments:

  1. I see no crap in this blarg!
    Poetic and comical at the end. I wonder who or what may be the pronoun "She."

    ~Will

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you'd check your youtube mail more! :C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be so hard on yourself.
    Writing is subjective: they like it, you hate it.
    It's how it goes with everything.

    -Brenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boredum and monotony are two VERY dangerous things, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sir,
    This is why I left the dailybooths and blogtvs of the world. I found that real life has so many more interesting surprizes.

    ReplyDelete