Thursday, June 11, 2009

Starbucks Parking Lot

A young father brought a plastic guitar out of Game Stop. His kid was beaming - skipping to the mini-van where his mom parked it. I wonder who was happier.

An older man gets out of his beat-up Chevy and walks into Jimmy John's, but I don't think a sandwich is going to make his large belly feel any better about its size.

An incredibly beautiful woman in a Cadillac Escalade drives by. She doesn't look happy. At all.

Two teen girls drive by in some crappy car that spent too much time in the 80's. They look happy. Really happy.

A well-dressed girl with good posture walks into McDonald's, she's holding her neatly folded apron and hat.

The woman smoking an entire pack of cigarettes keeps looking over her shoulder. I keep imagining Death taping on her shoulder.



A middle-aged man sits in his truck, waiting for either a friend or kingdom come. He waits a long time...

6 comments:

  1. Huh... I never quite know what to say to your awesome posts other thank "awesome post Jake! :)"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll stay here for a while. Invisible, in the parking lot. I could spend forever just looking at the people you just described, if they weren't already off to somewhere else.
    So many destinations in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anonymous

    No haha. I'm quite happy actually. Just noticed a few sad things. Though, I would argue that I saw more revealing things than sad things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. Beautiful post.
    Thanks for writing.

    ReplyDelete