Monday, July 27, 2009

Scriptwriting

I've been noticing an excruciating trend growing in the ranks of movie scriptwriters, or at least the lackluster hiring process for scriptwriters.

This may sound a tad bit pretentious, but...nevermind. I'm not even gonna go there. I'm simply going to say that I believe 50% of unknown writers out there today, both my age and up, have the capacity to write better scripts than the majority of the trash being spewed into the mainstream and indie films of today.

I almost want to go into this profession just to spark a light under these lethargic morons.

Question is, how does one get into this line of work?

5 comments:

  1. "I'm simply going to say that I believe 50% of unknown writers out there today, both my age and up, have the capacity to write better scripts than theh majority of the trash beign spewed into the mainstream and indie films of today."
    Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should be an actor, you're really good in your videos =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not an expert in in this line of work, but I think that the best place to start is to just write as many scripts as you can. Or if anything, one script in which you're confident will get you hired.

    Then after that, I guess you just search for producers etc, in your area and sell. xD

    I really think you should go for it, I bet you're beaming with creativity, especially more than the ones in mainstream etc. You'll probably write an awesome script worthy of awards, I'm sure. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like all other Americans, you move to LA and write and write and write and meet people and get connections and write some more.

    Most people don't have what it takes to make it there. But the truth is, anybody can, really. As long as you're sure it's what you want and you try try try for it. You absolutely have the talent. You're a brilliant writer on all counts. You just sorta have to DO it. And be willing to wait without getting discouraged, because as fast as LA moves, succeeding in the entertainment business is a SLLLOOOWWWWW process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dunno....but i'm going to film school.

    ReplyDelete