Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Goodbye.

That's an impassable hill.
I've failed to climb it on several occasions.
It's rejected me three times, to be exact.
I have no idea what's on the other side.
Or what my motivation is.
Why do I keep trying, I wonder.
Impassable isn't an exaggeration.
I should know that by now.
The hill doesn't care what I accomplish.
It's just interested in being a hill.

So, I've decided to give up.
I put down my tools and protections.
The hill can be a hill.
There is no reason to pursue it.
More climbers will come.
Ones more suited to climbing the hill.
I can't watch them climb it any longer.
I see in them, my own shortcomings.
And then, I wonder.
What is it I lack to climb you...

Goodbye

6 comments:

  1. This is exactly how I'm feeling now. Thank you for putting them into words, perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think of it as a bump, not a hill. Its just bigger in thought. So try again. Walk over the bump...picturing it as a bump.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *wonders what the hill is a metaphor for*
    I'm sure you really don't lack the tools...you just haven't found them within yourself yet =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i live in mexico and not speak english
    is good

    ReplyDelete
  5. ray ban outletwholesale authentic quality at a cheap price
    ray ban wayfarer are free shipping
    ray banssunglasses are focus
    ray ban wayfarerscheap from China
    ray bans wayfarerin this Summer are hot selling

    ReplyDelete